Wednesday, June 3, 2009

In the final days of my Fulbright, Spring is ending and Summer vacations begin!

Below is a photo taken in front of the University of Tampere, where I was a guest lecturer last week to the Social Science School of Research. If it wasnt for Jari, I wouldnt be able to find my way, get to the book store for that special "tee shirt" that they never have, or pull my heavy bags along the street.
Throughout my 6 weeks in Finland, Jari and I have shared repeated conversations on how I was to get "where?", some great cold Finnish beers, and where to find the biggest falafels in town. But most importantly, kept me on time with his warm embracing smile. I will miss him as I start to pack up and head into my last week of teaching.

This Fulbright would not have been possible without the dedication of my dear friend who I have come to know over the past 5 years, Jari Aho. Below he is speaking to Sanna, my newest Finnish student who was responsible for picking me up at the airport, taking me grocery shopping and will drive me back to Helsinki next wednesday after my last class (Sanna, can you pick me up at 10 am instead of 11?) Thank you all for keeping me safe, feed and full of laughter on this wonderful journey!



Have a great Summer Vacation, on the lake surrounded by trees, flowers

and sounds of the Finnish summer!

Much love,

your friend and American family #2-

Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment