Monday, March 7, 2011

Alli's Internship

Today we had a busy day. Time went by so quickly, this morning we did a spring time craft with all the residents that we are going to hang-up in their rooms. Some residents made flowers and butterflies and the boys made baseball card cut-outs. I was on second floor today which is twenty one and up to about thirty through thirty-five. They had a great time doing it and they get so much satisfaction from making something that they get to put in their rooms, they get that sense of accomplishment. Than we listened to soft music as we got them ready for lunch. Than for me it was off to school. For Wednesday when I do the TTAP Method next I am doing poetry books and writing. I am going to have them make their own books and write something inside the books that they made. It doesn't have to be a poem or story it can be a single word. Its amazing how one word can trigger a memory that leads to more memories. I can't wait to hear their stories. In my experience with the TTAP Method this is one of the most responsive steps, the stories from when the residents were younger are really amazing that is why I really can't wait to hear from the residents.

No comments:

Post a Comment