Friday, March 18, 2011

Alli's Internship

This week I did the TTAP Method and I did my final session. I did sculpture as my final session. They each took the clay and molded a sculpture of their hand. They than painted them and talked about the journeys in life that helped mold us into what we are today. Also I wrote their names on paper and with the letters in their names they had to choose adjectives that best described them. If there is one thing that I could say about the TTAP Method it is how it impacts the residents. The first week they were skeptical about the group and now they are waiting for me sitting in our TTAP area where our group takes place every week and they loved it. Even when they were sick they would tell the nurses to ask if we could move the session to another day so they wouldn't miss anything. I think that they have learned and gained knowledge about themselves. The TTAP Method is something that I believe everyone should get to experience. In the nursing facility having a group besides bingo that people look forward to is such an accomplishment in itself. I will be posting pictures soon, and I will keep you updated on my final weeks of my internship.

No comments:

Post a Comment