Thursday, May 7, 2009

Helsinki Alzheimer's Association Conference, May 7th, 2009





Today I spoke for 3 hours to a room full of hundreds of healthcare providers, therapists, and administrators on the research currently being done on the TTAP Methodc in the US, Australia, Finland and New Zealand. The languagew may be very different but the problems and concerns of those dealing with the disease of Alzheimer's is the same around the world. Above you will notice the translator who assisted me immensely in her ability to translate more complicated information to the audience, a big thank-you! I did find out today that when I inicially sent the email about this blog, it has been forwarded to hundreds of people affiliated with the Alzheimer's Associations in Australia and Finland, to all of you a big thanks for your support of my work and please keep watching.

In the photo above, the participants were given a brief guided imagery, and then shared the people and places they saw in the "minds eye". There was alot of conversation about the establishment of a certificate course which will be promoted next year by the Finnish Alzheimer's Association for updated information please go to www.levinemadoriphd.com. Again, thank you for all your support, time and dedication to helping those with Alzheimer's Disease. A special thanks to Sirpa and Terhi who assisted me in the travel arrangements, helped me with lunch, taxis and getting me from the US to Finland three years in a row!













No comments:

Post a Comment