Monday, January 3, 2011

Alli's Internship Day 1

Hi my name is Alli and I am a fifth year double major student at St. Thomas Aquinas College. I started my internship today at a nursing and rehab facility. I will be blogging about it every Monday and Wednesday, so I will keep you posted! This was my first day at my internship and it was very interesting and exciting. At first I was nervous but once I got to meet with my CTRS it seemed to be second nature. Today, Monday was music therapy day. We started with a music program with singing and residents got instruments to go along with the beat of the music. After that we set up a sensory stimulation and got the music going with lights and different tactile objects to stimulate the senses. Then after that we had lunch and then we set up a music and dance type program and we got the patients moving and most of them have been in wheelchairs so it was very nice and they we very responsive to the music and the different beats. After that we set up a art painting project that we painted cardboard cut outs of snowflakes and we plan to hang them up in the day room where most of the residents stay. After that we got the residents ready for dinner. The day flew by it went so much faster than I was expecting I had a great first day and I am looking forward to tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment