Monday, January 17, 2011

Alli's Internship Day 11

Today was the first day without shadowing the CTRS. It wasn't too bad at all. I first went to 4th floor but then they needed me on the 1st floor which is pediatrics. When I got down there I did one on one sessions all morning with the kids because there was no school today and many of them are sick I went from room to room. I read them books and played with them I even sang to some of the more alert kids. I used tactile objects and the music therapist also came around to the kids which was good cause most of them did not leave there rooms today. After seeing most of the kids it was lunch time. After lunch, I went to 3rd floor which is mostly rehab and some geriatrics. We played hangman for most of the time, the residents on that floor love hangman they could sit there all day and play it. I thought up old movie classics and TV shows and even actors too. They are surprisingly good at hangman. It really gets them thinking and also gets them interacting with each other. We also after hangman started talking about family. This brought on strong conversation and was very interesting to get to learn more about the residents and their families. When I start the TTAP Method I'm sure there will be many more stories and that is what I am looking forward to.

No comments:

Post a Comment