Thursday, January 20, 2011

Alli's Internship Day 13

I am sorry I know that today is really the 14th day of my internship but yesterday I worked the late shift and I came home a fell asleep. So this is what happened yesterday day 13... First I got there and I was on 4th floor geriatrics I always have fun up there they talk to me and tell me all the latest gossip and we have a coffee social every morning. Then after that I got to do my first session of the TTAP Method. I did it with two elderly ladies one has Alzheimer's Disease and the other one has Crohn's Disease and that is why they are at the facility. They are both alert. We did a meditation and then did drawing about what they sad. One lady drew a garden and the other lady didn't really see anything so she drew swirls of colors about how she was feeling. We then talked about gardens and family. After that it was already time for lunch, so after lunch we did a sensory group with the young adults and after did a reminiscing group with the older adults. We also played hangman. This is a great game to keep them thinking and bringing back their long term memory. Also this week was recreation appreciation week so the director had a nice luncheon for all her staff. Since I worked late I went to 1st floor pediatrics and worked with the babies and did a few room to room visits. So the day went smoothly and I can't wait to do the next TTAP session!

No comments:

Post a Comment