Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Alli's Internship Day 18

Today I was on the 4th floor which is geriatrics and we had our coffee social and then got set up for the Wii Dance Broadway and Basketball two separate groups that go on at the same time for the residents have a choice of what they would like to do. They love playing basketball, I think it brings back memories from high school and when they used to be active, and the Wii they are starting to like more and more. They get to choose songs that are familiar to them and they enjoy going against each other in a friendly competition. Then we set up for lunch. I really enjoy working on the 4th floor it is definitely my favorite floor. The residents and I are getting to know each other now and they love joking with the new-be but it is tons of fun. Later today after lunch I was on the 3rd floor which is young adults/geriatrics. I did the TTAP Method today and it went very well. We did a body relaxation and meditation and then we painted what we saw during the meditation. They pictures came out nice I will be posting them up soon. They seem to become really relaxed and enjoy doing the crafts. After that we played Bingo which is always a big hit on 3rd floor. Today it was snowing all day so I left a little early but all in all it was another successful day at my internship!

No comments:

Post a Comment